Penrith and Eden Museum
VE Day 75th anniversary May 8th 2020 Short Quiz
1. In 1939 a Spitfire aeroplane crashed near which Eden town ?
2. In 1939 a northern Grammar school was evacuated to Penrith; which one was it ?
3. In Octber 1940 a Wellington Bomber crashed near to which Eden village ?
4. Penrith Urban District Council erected an Air Raid shelter whereabouts in the town:
5. Which country house estate near Penrith was requisitioned for hiding and storing aeroplanes ?
6. A railway bridge near Penrith was nearly hit by a bomb from a German aircraft.
Which one ?